5.26.2010

Kymatica, 35:21

"Whole societies suffer from a psychosis caused by starving our organic, biological impulses. Sexual suppression supports the power of the Church, which has sunk very deep roots into the exploited masses by means of sexual anxiety and guilt. It engenders timidity towards authority and binds children to their parents.

This results in adult subservience to state authority and capitalistic exploitation. It paralyzes the intellectual critical powers of the oppressed masses because it consumes the greater part of biological energy.

Finally, it paralyzes the resolute development of creative forces and renders impossible the achievement of all aspirations for human freedom.

In this way the prevailing economic system (in which single individuals can easily rule entire masses) becomes rooted in the psychic structures of the oppressed themselves."
-Wilhelm Reich

Humanity is plagued with an incapacity for freedom. Meaning that people en mass lack the ability to govern themselves on a psychic level and this manifests in the macrocasm as government and organized religious powers.

I see the personal manifestations of my inability for freedom in the people and things around me, sometimes. But when I see them, and even when I realize (which I occasionally but not nearly always do) these feelings for what they are, I don't deal with them better. It is what it is, whether you know it or not.

Admitting that there are decisions of varying importance that I still can't make on my own, without someone pushing me to do it, is humiliating because my main goal in the last two years has been to become independent and healthy. Starting from co-dependent and needy. I think I've done a decent job, but admitting the moments when I still need leadership or someone to just make decisions for me, is embarrassing. But having it put it out there... now what? You acknowledge the defense mechanism for what it is... and then just feel more frustrated when the behavior occurs.

No comments: